Geoffrey P. Chamberlain offers a slightly different perspective on the components of strategy, useful when the strategy is more about a personal goal. He identifies seven parts:
- A strategy is used within a particular domain.
- A strategy has a single, well defined focus.
- A strategy lays out a path to be followed.
- A strategy is made up of parts (tactics).
- Each of a strategy’s parts pushes towards the defined focus.
- A strategy recognises its sphere of influence.
- A strategy is either intentionally formed or emerges naturally.
via Farnam Street